I love this video on applied faith by Napoleon Hill. Do you see the hole in the doughnut or the doughnut around the hole?
When it comes to mindset no one is more of an authority on the subject than Napoleon Hill in my eyes. He has a great way of breaking this down to some simple truths that anyone can relate it. Simple but not always easy. It took me a while to go from focusing on “what’s wrong” to focusing on “what I want” but the great thing is having gone through that experience I did get to experience the turn around in circumstances that I wanted.
Its a great video and some of the points I have taken from watching it are :
- Applied faith is the mental attitude where I can clear my mind of all fears/doubts and direct it to the attainment of whatever you desire in life.
- You must condition your mind to use applied faith. It can be used in the negative (fear, ill health, doubt, worry) or in the positive by thinking about what we want.
- Main difference between a successful person and a failure is their capacity for belief.
- How many times can you meet with defeat before you give up and quit?
- The wall of fear that may stop you from achieving your dream can be broken through by creating a mastermind alliance
- Belief starts with yourself and your ability to recognize that you were born with the complete control over your mind
- Keep your mind on the things you want and off the things you don’t want
- There can be no application of applied faith without action
- When over taken by defeat as you may be many times, remember that man’s faith is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory and accept your defeat as nothing more than a challenge to keep on trying
- Faith is something I already have and is a power that will not get me what I want but will give me the power to go after what I want
Although I know all of this stuff it definitely is a great reminder for me, especially during challenging times.
God bless Napoleon Hill – making a difference long after leaving this earth!